Michigan Wrongful Death Lawyers
There is no easy way to deal with the loss of a loved one. When a fatal accident is caused by another person’s negligence, the grieving family may find it difficult to discuss legal and financial issues.
Call the wrongful death attorneys at Michigan Injury Lawyers at 313-438-4357, or contact us online for a free evaluation of your case. From our offices in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan Injury Lawyers represents clients across Michigan, including Macomb County, Oakland County, Warren, Clinton Township, Sterling Heights, St. Clair Shores, Mount Clemens, Utica, Roseville, Troy, Farmington Hills, Waterford, Southfield, Pontiac, Birmingham Michigan, Rochester Hills, West Bloomfield and Bloomfield Hills. We’re seasoned wrongful death lawyers and we’ll put our experience to work for you. If there is no recovery in your case, there is no fee for our services.
What Are Wrongful Death Claims?
Wrongful death claims and personal injury claims often arise from the same situations. At Michigan Injury Lawyers, we handle wrongful death claims that arise from various circumstances including:
- Car accidents: Our auto accident lawyers will stand up for you if a loved one was killed in a car accident caused by the careless driving of another motorist.
- Truck accidents: If a family member was killed in a crash with a large truck in Michigan — also known as a semi truck, tractor trailer or 18-wheeler — you need legal advice from our truck accident attorneys as soon as possible.
- Motorcycle accidents: If a loved one has killed in a Michigan motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, funeral costs and the loss of care, comfort and companionship.
- Medical malpractice: Our medical negligence lawyers have extensive experience in medical malpractice cases involving medical mistakes that lead to death.
In Michigan, an action for accidental death can be filed by anyone in the immediate family — spouses, children, parents, grandparents or siblings. Note: strict time frames must be met to file a wrongful death lawsuit. A cause of action for wrongful death accrues on the date of death and, generally, must be filed within three years of that date.
What Damages are Awarded for Wrongful Death?
The wrongful death lawyers of Michigan Injury Lawyers have successfully represented the survivors of wrongful death victims across several practice areas and are available to help you today. Put our experience to work for you. Damages that we may be able to recover for you include:
- Medical, funeral, and burial expenses;
- Compensation for any pain or suffering experienced by the victim before death;
- Compensation for the loss of the victim’s financial support;
- Reimbursement for any future services normally provided to the survivors by the victim; and
- Compensation for the loss of the victim’s companionship.
Contact Our Wrongful Death Lawyers Today
If you have lost a loved one as the result of an accident or injury caused by the negligence or misconduct of another, call the wrongful death attorneys at Michigan Injury Lawyers at 313-438-4357, or contact us online for a free evaluation of your case.