Saginaw Bike Accident Attorneys
Bike riding is a popular sport in the state of Michigan. When the weather is pleasant, it is common to see cyclists enjoying themselves on the roads in Saginaw. Some choose to ride a bike for exercise, others for enjoyment, and others still to commute to and from work. When a bicyclist is involved in an accident with a motorized vehicle however, the result can be serious or even fatal injuries.
What to Do After a Saginaw Bike Accident
The experience of a bike accident can feel surreal and disorienting. After the impact, it can be difficult to know what steps should be taken to protect yourself.
The next steps are important and may vary depending on the extent of your injuries.
- Call the police – Your first step will always be to examine yourself and address your immediate injuries. After that, report the accident to the police and request that an officer file a report. If you believe yourself to be injured, request medical assistance as well. Once the police arrive, the officers will put together an official police report that will include their observations of the accident scene and who they believe was at fault for it. This report will be a useful tool for your attorney when putting together a claim for your injuries.
- Isolate yourself from future danger – If it is safe to do so, move out of the street and out of the way of traffic to avoid future injury. If you believe that you are too hurt to safely move and want to stay put until the ambulance arrives, ask people nearby to create a barrier and use flares or other objects with high visibility so that other vehicles will know to avoid the scene of the accident.
- Seek medical attention – Even if you feel that you have only been involved in a minor collision while riding your bike and that you have not suffered any serious injuries, it is still important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. A trained medical professional will then be able to make a report on your physical condition. Many injuries do not show symptoms for hours, days, or, in some cases, weeks after the accident., and the medical professional will provide guidance on how to watch for latent signs of injury.
The Benefits of Working With a Skilled Saginaw Bike Accident Lawyer
When you are dealing with an injury after an accident, it can seem incredibly challenging to focus on anything beyond healing and getting your life back to normal. Managing the claims process with an insurance company or an at-fault party can quickly become overwhelming, especially for those who are unfamiliar with the process. For this reason, it is very beneficial to work with a bike accident attorney who has experience managing your kind of case.
The ways your Saginaw bike accident attorney can provide assistance include:
- Communicating with the insurance companies so that you don’t have to. After an accident, insurance companies will often attempt to collect a statement from you. Even if you think you are providing the right information, your statement can be used against you and be detrimental to your case. Your attorney will understand the best way to speak with insurance companies and will work to protect your right to just compensation.
- Estimating your total damages due – One thing that people involved in a bike accident become quickly aware of is how expensive the aftermath of the accident can become. Your attorney will help you determine the total damages due after an accident, factoring in lost wages, medical expenses, and potential future expenses as well. This will allow you to retain your financial stability.
- Navigating the claims process – Working with a knowledgeable Saginaw bike accident attorney from Michigan Injury Lawyers will allow you to focus completely on a speedy recovery from your injuries. Your attorney will move your claim through the correct process, work with the courts, and, if necessary, advocate for the best resolution and a quick settlement for your damages. Your attorney can also collect information to support your claim, including the police report that outlines the details of the accident and medical reports to show the extent of your injuries.
Contact a Saginaw Bike Accident Attorney Right Away
If you have been involved in a bike accident with a vehicle and you believe the driver was at fault, contact a knowledgeable Saginaw bike accident attorney who has experience working with clients who have been in similar situations. The legal process can be daunting and complicated, but working with the dedicated Saginaw bicycle accident team at Michigan Injury Lawyers can make the entire experience much easier. We are committed to helping our clients obtain just compensation in the event of a bike accident.
For a free initial consultation, contact us online or call us today at (989) 297-3420 to schedule an appointment. We know how challenging this time can be, and we are here to help.