Suffering an injury as a result of a medical procedure can be devastating, but unfortunately it is not uncommon. Many individuals have been badly burned in recent months by the da Vinci surgical robot's use in medical procedures. This can cause significant pain and lasting damage to the body that is expensive to treat. In some especially tragic cases, death has resulted.
If you or a loved one has experienced problems after a medical procedure with the da Vinci surgical robot, Michigan Injury Lawyers is here for you. Our attorneys can represent you in holding the product manufacturer accountable for your losses and recovering compensation for any harm you or a loved one has experienced. Contact our da Vinci surgical robot lawyers today at (888) 454-0801 and schedule your free consultation to get more information on important questions including:
- What are the problems with the da Vinci surgical robot?
- Do I have a case if I experienced complications after surgery with the da Vinci surgical robot?
- How do I sue the manufacturer of the da Vinci surgical robot for my injuries?
What are the Problems with the da Vinci Surgical Robot?
The da Vinci surgical robot is manufactured by Intuitive Surgery and was marketed as an alternative to traditional laparoscopic procedures. Since its release in 2000, the robot has been increasingly used for medical procedures, including:
- Treatment of kidney disorders (including kidney cancer)
- Complete or partial hysterectomies
- Treatment of uterine fibroids
- Procedures to remove the prostate
- Treatment of throat cancer
- Heavy intrauterine bleeding
- Surgical procedures to reduce obesity
Although the robot was routinely chosen by doctors and hospitals because the procedure was supposed to be as safe as laparoscopic surgery but have a shorter recovery time, there have been no conclusive studies confirming these benefits. Instead, there have been many reports of serious complications, and Intuitive actually warned healthcare providers in May 2013 that the use of the surgical robot could put patients at risk for burn injuries. Other potential complications in addition to burns include:
- Excess bleeding
- Lacerations in the uterus
- Punctured organs or vessels
- Tearing of the intestines
These problems are serious and if you or a loved one experiences them as a result of a procedure with the da Vinci surgical robot, you may have a legal claim to obtain compensation.
Do I Have a Case If I Experienced da Vinci Surgical Robot Complications?
You may have a claim against Intuitive Surgical if you or a family member:
- Had a procedure performed in which the Intuitive Surgical Robot was used
- Experienced complications that have been linked to the da Vinci surgical robot
- Suffered damages as a result of those complications including pain, the need for costly medical treatments or the death of a loved one
You will need to provide proof that the manufacturer harmed you to recover compensation. Michigan Injury Lawyers will help you find medical experts to assess your condition and testify on your behalf as to the damage inflicted. Our attorneys are prepared to help you put together a strong product-defect case so you can get full and fair compensation for your losses.
How Do I Sue the Manufacturer of the da Vinci Surgical Robot for My Injuries?
You can file a lawsuit against Intuitive Surgical with the help of an experienced defective medical device attorney at Michigan Injury Lawyers. In many cases, product liability claims against manufacturers of medical devices are resolved through multi-district litigations or through class actions, but before your claim is joined with others you should speak with a lawyer.
Your case may settle outside of court if the manufacturer accepts responsibility, or you may need to go to trial and prove your claim. Whether you sue or you settle, you should receive compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost income/wages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Wrongful death
A defective medical device lawyer at Michigan Injury Lawyers can help you with all steps of your case from start to end. Contact us today at (888) 454-0801 for a free consultation.