Car Insurance Company Do’s and Don’ts
After an auto accident that wasn’t your fault, you may be eligible to receive compensation from the insurance company. But many insurance companies place profits above their clients’ needs—and that can make it difficult to get the money you’re owed for your damages.
The auto accident attorneys at Michigan Injury Lawyers are dedicated to standing up to insurance companies on behalf of innocent victims like you. Don’t let a big insurance company keep you from getting compensation. Contact us at (888) 454-0801 or fill out a free initial consultation form.
Guidelines for Dealing with the Insurance Company
To protect your rights to compensation, it’s important that you follow a few guidelines when you’re dealing with the insurance company:
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible after the accident.
- Write down important details of what was said during your conversation with the insurance company, including any settlement offers.
- Be honest with the insurance company. If anything you said turns out to be fraudulent, you could lose your rights to compensation.
- Don’t admit to causing or contributing to the accident—even if you think you were partially at fault. This could jeopardize your chances of receiving compensation.
- Don’t agree to the first settlement you’re offered. Insurance companies frequently offer “lowball” settlements that aren’t enough to pay for victims’ accident-related expenses.
- Don’t sign any documents or contracts from the insurance company. You may unknowingly sign away your rights to compensation.
Michigan Injury Lawyers Has the Experience You Need
At Michigan Injury Lawyers, we’re familiar with the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying victims like you the money they deserve. Get in touch with our Michigan car accident lawyers today, and let us deal with the insurance company on your behalf.